Tuesday, October 23, 2012

banana oat loaf of sorts

Presently in the oven is an experimental 'banana... and stuff' loaf.
(I hate the term 'banana bread'... it's a CAKE, people!)

You can find the base recipe here, but boy-oh have I altered it.

In the blender I put...
... 3 x small squishy overripe bananas
... 2/3 cup applesauce
... 1/4 cup vegetable oil
... 1/4 cup light coconut cream
... 2/3 cup honey
... 1 tsp vanilla
... 1/2 tsp salt
... 1/2 tsp cinnamon
... 1/2 tsp nutmeg
... 1/2 tsp allspice
... splash apple cider vinegar

In one of my giant mixing bowls I combined...
... 1 cup flour (unfortunately I was out of wholemeal, so I used plain white)
... 1/2 cup self raising flour
... 1 cup oats (I used those crappy 'quick cook' ones, because I'm trying to use them up)
... 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
... 1.5 tsp baking powder
... 1/2 tsp baking soda

Then I added and mixed the wet ingredients, poured them into a spray-oiled loaf pan, and pressed into the top a crumble made of ginger nut biscuits, cinnamon and walnuts all crushed together.

I've popped it in the oven at 165*C fan forced for 45 minutes...
... I guess we'll see how it goes.

[Update:]

1 comment:

  1. OOOH YUMMY!!!
    Might have to give this a go :D

    ReplyDelete

Comment, criticize, or throw in your two cents...